Wednesday, August 30, 2017

What A Fantastic Cover! [Poetry Edition]

Fantastic Cover!



You, Beast by Nick Lantz. Poems by a Texan. Lantz won the Brittingham Prize. I don't know what that is but it makes me think of Birmingham, England. Lantz has himself a fancy schmancy website and taught at UW-Madison for a time.

Hey, wait a minute. I'm pretty sure I read We Don't Know, We Don't Know. Let me check... nope, I recall that one because I bought it back in 2010. Let's check the circs... Ooh. Let's not talk circ's, Lantz may be listening.



NonFiction

The Homeowner's Guide to For Sale by Owner, 2nd edition by Jackie Bondanza. One of the nonfic book categories that I periodically update.

The Gift of Fear by Gavin DeBecker. The famous treatise on listening to your own fears as early warning signs. I bought this once before and someone stole it! Jerk. Big Time Author Megan Abbott mentioned DeBecker in passing on her Instagram account and I remembered to buy this replacement.

Whistleblower at the CIA by Melvin A. Goodman. This had a good review. Goodman claims a bunch of people were up to no good, including Robert Gates.

When We Rise: my life in the movement by Cleve Jones. Jones was a gay rights dude in the '70s and a AIDS patient advocate in the '80s. I'm guessing this dude has a lot of guts. Speaking up in the '70s must not have been easy or safe.

I Will Find You: a reporter investigates the life of the man who raped her by Joanna Connors.  Connors was afraid of everything after the rape and started to confront her trauma when her oldest child her daughter turned sixteen.

No comments: