Friday, September 01, 2017

Christa Faust, Music, and Coins

Christa Faust Comic

Peepland by Christa Faust and Gary Phillips. Comic compilation. Peepshow worker in 1986 Times Square stumbles on a political conspiracy. Trouble ensues. Christa Faust does great work. I've not yet read a novel by Phillips so this will be my intro to his work.
I think I still haven't read the third Faust novel that was a tie-in to the TV show Fringe. I started watching that show after reading Faust's first two Fringe novels and ended up enjoying the program quite a bit.

Digital Encoding Allows You to Easily Transport Music Within a Thin Plastic Disc

I'm Not Your Man by Marika Hackman. English singer sings songs of longing and love. I heard the song Boyfriend on the radio and thought it was pretty good.



Wild Imagination by Sweet Baboo. Welshman sings songs of Wales, women, wine, wonder, wool, wigs, wombats, wiggles, etc.  This guy is great. Give a listen.



Villains by Queens of the Stone Age. Californians sings songs of light metal.



DVD

Hippopotamus starring Matthew Modine. Comedy about a poet asked to investigate things at a manor house. Not to be confused with the song by Sparks.




NonFiction

Beneath Your Feet: archeology at Trempealeau by Robert F. Boszhardt and Danielle M. Benden. Archeological history of Trempealeau on the Mississippi. Lots of photos and written for the casual and general reader.

U.S. Coin Digest, 2018 edited by David C. Harper. Someone asked for a money guide and I saw all our editions were old. So I bought this.

No comments: