Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Five Large Print, a German, and a Jance

Large Print

An American Spy by Olen Steinhuaer.  I've heard good thigns about this guy's espionage thrillers but have not yet read one.  I downloaded an audio version The Tourist of but never listened to it.

Bring on the Blessings by Beverly Jenkins.  One of those weird photoshop amalgamation covers.  Everything is too in focus with weird blurriness added here and there.  Gal who has $275 million in a divorce settlement buys a town in Kansas, one of the few remaining towns founded by freed slaves.  Reminds me of Nicodemus which I have never been to.

Gossip by Beth Gutcheon.  Something about people in Manhattan.  New York, not Kansas which I have been to many times.

Calling Invisible Women by Jeanne Ray.  How will you know when they get there?

Heft by Liz Moore.  Page 301 says, "Finally I stuff my keys into my pockets and my hands into my pockets as well."

NonFiction

Germany by Joanna Egert-Romanowski.  Travel guide by DK.  Page 232 says," As the centre of the German film industry Munich offers 76 cinemas, the Bavaria Film Studios and a college for film and television."

Fiction

Judgment Call by J.A. Jance.  Mystery novel set in Arid-zona.

No comments: