Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wny Did I Order This?

Why Did I Order This?

Scaling Force: dynamic decision-making under threat of violence by Rory Miller and Lawrence A. Kane.  Why did I order this?  I'm sure I took someone's online recommendation but I cannot recall where.  Maybe from that comic strip's (Unshelved) weekly recommendations.  Let me see.  Yeah, they did

Anyway, the authors list six levels of force from presence to lethal.  This looks pretty good.


Large Print
  
The Third Bullet by Stephen Hunter.  Bob Lee Swagger solves the assassination of President Kennedy.

Magnificence by Lydia Millet.  The fly leaf says a widow inherits a mansion with stuffed animals and meets "uniquely damaged humans".  Let's lay on some thick sarcasm and say, "Oh, what an original idea.  A widow moves and meets wacky people and they all heal each other."

Fiction

Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas.  One of our romance paperbacks written by Kleypas has gone out 42 times.

No comments: